Welcome to ICYMI: MLB Updates with Oakland A’s Socks Girl! Here at Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk I’ve tried to keep my readers updated on what’s new in Major League Baseball in a couple of different ways, though mainly through daily updates that included highlights from my blog (here! bbstmlb.com), the newest articles from the FanSided Network’s flagship MLB site CalltothePen.com and the day’s scores. However, with the editions my position as Editor at Call to the Pen and as a Featured Columnist on FanSided Network’s main page FanSided.com, it has become increasingly difficult to keep you updated on a daily basis and continue to include all the new articles plus the scores from every single game.
So what I am now proposing is this: every week on Saturday (this will be re-posted every Tuesday as well, “In Case You Missed It” the first time around! lol!). I will bring you a week’s worth of new articles from Call to the Pen, highlights of some of my favorite blog posts from the week here on Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk, any important/relevant posts from other MLBlogs I may have noticed, plus the team standings in each MLB Division and the Wild Card.
If you like the new format or don’t like it, please leave a comment below! Constructive criticism is always welcome as I strive to continue to improve my blog with each post! It seems my readership has diminished a bit lately and any suggestions on whatever I can do to keep you coming back is appreciated! So hopefully you will enjoy the New, (hopefully) Improved edition of ICYMI: MLB Updates with Oakalnd A’s Socks Girl!
Highlights from Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk:
- Lester throws 3-hit CG shutout, A’s get 70th win
- My 2nd video blog attempt … Uh oh!
- Latest Leaders – July! Help needed!
- Matt Harvey is one determined dude (or crazy person! verdict in not yet in!)
- Oakland Athletics: All the new guys shine on Saturday 8/3
My Wednesday and Sunday Columns from FanSided.com:
- Detroit Tigers vs. Oakland Athletics: The starting rotations
- Could the A’s still get Rollins during waiver trade period?
- Why the A’s should trade for Jimmy Rollins
- 5 active MLB Players who are Hall of Fame locks
This week’s latest news from Call to the Pen:
- With the injury to Jennings, why aren’t pitchers wearing MLB protective caps?
- Just the Mets luck, Chris Young sucked
- Josh Beckett may be considering retirement (again!)
- Ulbaldo Jimenez, the Orioles burden?
- Pirates designate Frieri for assignment
- Baseball IS more than just a game
- Did the Giants make a mistake in signing Peavy?
- Selig issues statement on succession process
- Cubs acquire Jacob Turner from Marlins
- Mulder looking to make 2nd comeback attempt in 2015
- DFA-ing Turner was a mistake by Marlins
- Padres announce new GM, Ranger’s Preller
- Matt Harvey throws first bullpen session
- Orioles transition Saunders to bullpen
- Could we see more Biogenesis suspensions?
- The incredible value of Jose Altuve
- Tigers sign Jim Johnson
- A’s and their Rally Possum defeat Rays, hold off Angels in AL West
- McCutchen has fractured rib
- David Phleps to the DL and the state of the Yankees rotation
- Baez called up to Cubs
- Tanaka takes first step towards recovery
- Astros call up Mike Foltynewicz
- How the Boston Red Sox remain competitive
- Injury Update: Marlins, A’s, DBacks, Phillies
- The irony in the Tigers getting David Price
- Cain does not have torn UCL still out for season
MLB Division and Wild Card Standings as of 8/9/14:
- Orioles 64-49
- Yankees 61-55
- Blue Jays 62-56
- Rays 56-59
- Red Sox 51-64
- Tigers 63-57
- Royals 61-53
- Indians 58-59
- White Sox 55-62
- Twins 51-63
- Athletics 71-44**
- Angels 67-48
- Mariners 61-54
- Astros 48-68
- Rangers 45-70
- Nationals 62-52
- Braves 59-56
- Marlins 56-59
- Mets 55-61
- Phillies 52-64
- Brewers 64-52
- Pirates 62-53
- Cardinals 61-53
- Reds 59-57
- Cubs 49-65
- Dodgers 66-51
- Giants 62-54
- Padres 52-62
- Diamondbacks 50-66
- Rockies 45-70
A.L. Top 5 teams:
- Blue Jays
NL Top 5 Teams:
- Braves Reds
** Best Record in MLB